The free pattern, complete with free templates, although not an actual quilt pattern and only requires some hand-sewing, is suitable for all skill levels and perfect for the beginner just learning to work with wool felt appliqué.
With this in mind, even experienced quilters and sewers can enjoy creating their own unique felt quilt projects with this free pattern. This project is completely hand-sewn and embroidered using blanket stitch, straight stitch, running stitch, and French knots for the construction.
There is no need to use a sewing machine!
It would be a lovely gift to give to a loved one on Easter or Mother’s Day.
You will need the following materials to complete this project:
- wool or wool blend felt
- front & back – 5.5″ x 6.5″
- flower pot – 2.25″ x 3″
- flower petals – 1.5″ x 4.5″
- flower center – 1″ scrap of contrasting color
- stem & leaves – 3/16″ x 3″ strip & 2″ x 1.5″
- coordinating embroidery floss
- two buttons
- two 12″ pieces of ribbon
- freezer paper (for cutting your felt using this method)
- dried flowers or fresh sprigs of baby’s breath
Tools you will need:
- embroidery needle, a few pins, sharp scissors, a pencil and scotch tape
- iron (used for the freezer paper method of cutting your felt pieces
Here is the link to the templates
Image and Pattern Source: oliverrabit.com