Here’s a FREE pattern for these adorable “Make It Merry” coasters!
The pattern instructions also include printable patterns for all of the appliques needed to create these four different coasters.
These coasters would make a great addition to the rest of your holiday decor…or, they also make a great last-minute gift for a friend, someone at the office, or basically anyone else you can think of.
There is a download link in the pattern itself for the printable applique templates, although I have also included it below in case you miss it in the pattern.
For this project, you will need the following:
- Scraps of fabric for applique pieces
- Background fabric, 4 squares – Cut 7″ x 7″
- Backing fabric – Fat Quarter or ¼ yard
- Décor Bond – Fat Quarter or ¼ yard
- Timtex – 15″ Square
- Thin Cotton Batting – 15″ square (I used Warm and White)
- Fusible Web such as Heat ‘n Bond Lite – ½ yard
There are wonderful step-by-step instructions with pictures of each step included in the pattern instructions.
Additionally, this project is a great project for beginning quilters.
Image and Pattern Source: weallsew.com